4 x 125 g salmon fillets, skin on
2-3 tsp five spice powder
2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt
Olive oil, as needed
½ a bunch of fresh coriander
½ a bunch of fresh mint
150 g plain fat-free yoghurt
1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
2 shallots, sliced thin
1 fresh red chili, sliced thin
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 pinch of sugar
4 hard corn tortillas
- Rub the salmon flesh (but not the skin) with the five spice, a drizzle of oil and a good pinch of Himalayan pink salt and black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and place the salmon skin-side down in the pan and cook for 8 to 9 minutes or until nearly cooked through and the skin is crispy.
- Flip them over, immediately remove from the heat and allow to finish cooking through in the residual heat.
- Save a few coriander sprigs to one side, then pick and finely chop the remaining coriander and the mint leaves. Combine with the yoghurt, and season to taste.
- Place the cucumber ribbons in a bowl, then add shallots and chili. Sprinkle over the vinegar, sugar and mix with your hands to combine the flavors.
- Place a tortilla on each plate and flake over the salmon fillets, including any crispy skin. Add a dollop of the herby yoghurt, the minty cucumber (squeezing out any liquid) and pick over the reserved coriander leaves. Sprinkle with some more Himalayan Pink Salt and enjoy.