Roasted Pumpkin with Labneh & Zaatar Salad
1 small pumpkin, peeled, and cubed (you can use butternut squash too)
300g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
½ cup Crumbled Labneh Balls
¼ cup walnuts/pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
¼ cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds, toasted
Salt & Black Pepper
For the dressing
1 tbsp Lebanese Zaatar
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar or a few tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp walnut butter
1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Start by roasting the pumpkin. Preheat oven to 400F-200C.
- Place peeled and cubed pumpkin in an oven-proof baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt & ½ tbsp zaatar. Roast uncovered until the pumpkin softens (about 18 minutes).
- You have to turn the pumpkin every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. Once done, remove from heat and cool down.
To toast the nuts and seeds, place them separately on baking sheets in a single layer, and place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turning twice throughout.
- Remove from oven and cool down.
- To Assemble, toss leaves, nuts, seeds, pumpkin and onions.
- Make the dressing in a jar, shake and pour over the salad. Season and transfer to the serving bowl. Crumble the labneh balls on top and serve immediately.