Grilled ‘Côte de boeuf’ with ‘chimichurri
Main course, serves 3 to 4, 30 mins.
• 1 kg good, mature ‘côte de boeuf’ (bone-in rib of beef)
• NEZO fine pure salt and NEZO coarse sea salt
• Olive oil for cooking
• 1 bunch fresh thyme
• Griddle pan
For the chimichurri sauce:
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
• 1 red onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 chilli pepper
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Balsamic vinegar
1. Take the meat out of the fridge and leave it for about 1 hour to come to room temperature.
Pre-heat the oven to 160oC.
2. Rub the meat with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with NEZO 03 fine pure salt and pepper.
Brown the meat for a few minutes on both sides in a hot griddle pan.
3. Transfer the meat to a roasting tray, sprinkle with some chopped thyme and roast it in the oven until it is cooked to the medium stage (pink) about 30 mins depending on the thickness. Check whether the meat is cooked after 20 minutes. If you prefer your meat rare, you can cook it for about 20 minutes. Take the meat out of the oven and let it rest for about 5 mins before carving.
4. Meanwhile, make the chimichurri sauce. Quarter the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into cubes. Dice the onion and garlic and chop the flesh of the chilli (without seeds) finely. Chop the parsley finely.
5. Mix all the ingredients, including the oregano and ground cumin. Season with NEZO fine salt, pepper and vinegar. Add enough olive oil to give a runny salsa. Serve the sauce with the ‘côte de boeuf’.
6. Just before serving, sprinkle the ‘côte de boeuf’ with some fresh thyme and NEZO extra-coarse sea salt.