For the dough:
• 250 gms plain flour sifted
• 1/2 tsp dried yeast
• tsp Nezo 03 fine Idodized Pure salt
Combine flour , yeast & Nezo 03 fine Idodized Pure salt in a large bowl. Gradually add 160 ml lukewarm water and stir to form a dough. Keep the dough aside for 1 to 2 hours for proving.
For the filling:
• 1 small onion
• 1 tbsp sumac
• 500 gms baby spinach chopped
• 50 gms feta cheese
• Olive oil to brush
• Nezo 02 extra fine Salt & Pepper Mix to taste
Place onion , sumac , chopped spinach in a large bowl. Season with Nezo 02 extra fine Salt & Pepper Mix and stir to combine. Drain in a large sieve over a bowl, pressing down with the back of a spoon to remove excess moisture. Discard liquid. Put in a separate bowl. Add crumbled feta cheese. Keep aside.
- Roll out the dough to 3 mm thickness, with a cutter cut out rounds of 3 inches diameter. Spoon 1 tsp of filling into the centre of each round. Brush the edges with water and pinch the corners to form the fatayer. For a square shape pinch 4 corners.
- Prove for 10 mins and bake in a pre heated oven at 200 degrees C for 4 to 5 mins or until done. Serve warm.