2 Cups Chickpeas
1 Tsp Cumin Seed
1 Tsp Whole Coriander Seed
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Small Yellow Onion, Coarsely Chopped
1 Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves
1 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
1 Lemon Zest
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
1 1/2 Tsps, Nezo Iodized Pure Salt to taste
1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
Oil For Frying
1. Soak the chick peas overnight & rise well.
2. Toast the cumin & coriander seeds & grind it.
3. Add chickpeas, ground spice, onion, coriander & parsley into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add lemon zest, cayenne pepper, black pepper & Nezo Iodized Pure salt to taste
5. Grind all the ingredients together until the dough is rough, coarse form.
6. Transfer the dough into a mixing bowl & cover & refrigerate for about 30 mins.
7. Make small balls with hands or ice cream scoop.
8. To fry, heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan. Once hot add the falafel dough one by one carefully & fry at medium heat till golden brown.