Chocolate mousse with salt flakes
Dessert, serves 4, 30 mins.
• NEZO salt flakes
• Fresh rosemary
• 150 g dark chocolate
• 150 ml whipping cream
• 3 egg yolks
• 50 g caster sugar
• 3 egg whites
1. Cut the chocolate into pieces, place it in a bowl over a pan of hot water (a bain-marie) and let it melt slowly (ensure that no drops of water get into the chocolate). Whip the cream until semi-stiff and place in the fridge.
2. Using a mixer, beat the egg yolks with half the sugar to form a light mixture. In a grease-free bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff. While you are beating, add the rest of the sugar a bit at a time.
3. Mix the warm chocolate into the yolk mix and add the orange liqueur if used. Then slowly fold the whipped cream into the chocolate/yolk mixture.
4. Slowly fold in the beaten egg white to create a uniform, brown mousse. Divide the mousse into bowls or glasses. You can eat the chocolate mousse immediately or put the bowls in the fridge. The mousse will stiffen to give a slightly firmer structure.
5. Remove from the fridge about 20 mins before serving. Sprinkle the mousse with NEZO salt flakes and garnish with rosemary.